Levitron® Revolution Series Magnetic Levitation Platform Instructions
Levitron Revolution Instruction Video
How to Levitate with the Levitron
- 1) Plug in the base and turn it so that a corner is pointing towards you.
- 2) Hold the platform with the tips of both hands' thumb and pointer finger. Holding the platform this way will allow you to see all the lights on the base as you position the platform. (assuming you followed step #1)
- 3) The magnet needs to be placed in a hovering distance of about two inches above the platform. Look at the pictures on the Levitron box or the videos online and make a mental image of where the platform should be for it to levitate, then very quickly move the platform to your best guess at that position over the base. It may help to put the tips of your middle fingers under the platform so that you don't accidentally hit the base. The correct position is on top of where you can just barely feel the invisible force field of the base pressing up against the magnet. (Pressing too much against this "bubble" will cause your platform [magnet] to jerk to one side, snap forcefully to the platform and make you start over.)
- 4) VERY GRADUALLY move the platform (magnet) up/down and side to side. As a rule of thumb, the platform usually needs to move closer to whatever corner(s) are not lighted.
If you get all 4 corners lighted, go to step 5.
If you try for longer than about 10 seconds and still do not have all 4 corners lit, one of the circuits has probably overheated and you will need to start over. Remove the platform and wait for all 4 lights to come one, then go back to step 2. You can also check to see if your base is getting hot by feeling it with your hand. If the base is hot, your best bet is to wait a few moments and then try levitation again.
- 5) Once you have all 4 corners lit with the platform in position, start to very slowly and gently remove your fingers from the platform. If you feel any pressure from the platform on your fingertips, or if it starts to follow one hand or the other, try rotating the platform a little bit while also maintaining its position. Then try to gently remove your fingers from the platform.
There is no sudden feeling or sensation once the platform is positioned correctly. It does not jerk into place, *click*, or otherwise give any indication that it is positioned other than the lights. When you feel nothing and all 4 lights are on, very gently let go.
If your lights all go out and don't come back on within a few seconds, just unplug the base and let it cool down for a while before you try again.
Patience is the key to success here. Once you have balanced and levitated the Levitron a few times, it isn't so hard anymore.
Levitron Revolution Globe Instructions:*The manufacturer no longer makes the globe. These instructions apply only to older models.
- 1) Put the platform where you want it to stay - like on the bookshelf or the fireplace mantle. Once you get the globe balanced, you can't move the base.
- 2) Put the platform into the bottom half of the globe so that the bare surface of the platform is up.
- 3) There are concentric circles marked on the bottom half of the globe. Position the platform so that it is perfectly centered within the inner circle. Then put the globe together.
- 4) Hold the globe by letting it rest on the tips of your thumbs and pointer fingers like a golf ball on a tee. Your fingertips should be roughly even with the edges of the platform inside the globe.
- 5) Position the globe in the same way as the platform alone. You will have to be very gentle with it so that the top half doesn't pop off.
- 6) Once you get the globe to levitate, it is likely that it will be tilted slightly. This tilt can make it spin too fast, wobble, or spin back and forth instead of a steady rotation. Note the direction of the tilt, then remove the globe and slide the platform very slightly away from the direction of the tilt. Put the globe together, and start again at step 4.
***The globe is hard to balance perfectly, and can be knocked off center very easily by jarring or by air gusts. Don't put it where it will be blown on by air vents or by wind from an open outside door, or in a high-traffic area like a work desk or kitchen table. Choose its final location wisely before you spend time balancing it.
FREE USA SHIPPING!